Technical Advisor– Identification of Poor Households
Apply Before : 2020-01-23 (Closed)
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
No. of Vacancy
NGO / INGO / Development Projects
Duty Station: Kathmandu
Duration: February 2020- June 2021
The position holder shall work in close cooperation with the Social Health Protection Component at the S2HSP.
1. Provide technical advice on data for social protection
- Analyse and collect the data requirements for social protection programmes in Nepal
- Liaise with federal and local government and non-government representatives regarding the feasibility and requirements of a tool for joint data collection for social protection
- Provide advisory towards the design, testing and potential implementation of a joint data collection tool
- Support the design of an alternative identification mechanisms for poor households (e.g. community-based targeting)
- Promote dialogue, consensus and decision making amongst stakeholders on poor household identification mechanisms
2. Cooperate with relevant internal and external stakeholders towards expansion of coverage for poor households
- Identify and cooperate with key government and non-government stakeholders towards the process of a joint data collection methodology on social protection
- Liaise with key external development partners and forge alliances towards a joint data collection approach
- Analyse and present international best practices on joint data collection
3. Other tasks:
- Design, implement and document meetings, workshops, seminars and other events in relation to the activity
- Cooperate with other GIZ projects/programmes on the relevant work areas
- Support documentation and report writing.
- Coordinate (short-term) experts on various related assignments
- Contribute to GIZs knowledge management by publishing articles/papers/factsheets on the designated work areas
- Assist in the monitoring and evaluation of the Study and Expert Fund Measure – Identification of Poor Households
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated experience in data collection and analysis for social programmes
- Proven expertise in targeting mechanisms for social protection programmes
- Demonstrated expertise in managing diverse stakeholders and promoting consensus
- Preferably experience working with international development partners
- Excellent in communication in both English and Nepali and strong presentation skills
- Very good working knowledge of IT technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Strong organizational, interpersonal & management skills and excellent team player
- Ability to work with diverse teams
Education + Experience
- Master's degree or advanced degree in (Health) Economics, Social Policy, Public Policy, Public Health or similar
- At least five years of experience in a position as technical advisor / project manager / researcher or similar working with government officials
- Significant work experience (5+ years) on social protection systems
Interested candidates are requested to send a completed application including CV and two referees to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org no later than by 2 .01.2020. Only applications sent by email will be accepted. Please write in the subject line while applying by position: for “Ref. Nr. 20002-Technical Advisor– Identification of Poor Households”.
Only short-listed candidates will be called for written test and interview. No telephone inquiries will be entertained. The organization reserves the right to cancel or postpone the whole recruitment process without providing any reasons whatsoever.
The salary and social benefits will correspond to the GIZ rule applicable to national staff. Especially women and candidates from minority groups are highly encouraged to apply.