Talend Developer (Data Engineer)
Apply Before : 2021-08-15 ((11 Days Left))
No. of Vacancy
(11 Days Left)
Designation: Talend Developer
Reports to: Technical Lead
Location: Jhamsikhel, Lalitpur 44600, Nepal
Shift: Standard (09:00 AM to 06:00 PM) from Monday to Friday
Looking for a Talend Developer who will be responsible for designing, implementing, and testing Talend Workflows and Mappings. The incumbent will collaborate with other team members to design and develop ETL processes
Roles and Responsibilities
- Create data mapping and workflows using Talend to extract, transform and load data into the target environments (batch files, databases)
- Ability to refactor current ETLs from Talend into Redshift/Aurora.
- Creates Technical design documents and develops test plans for ETL unit testing and integration testing
- Tune and optimize ETL batch jobs for performance and throughput
- Able to create different transformations as per required using TOS.
- Work and Interact with functional and integration teams on architecture and design
- Be a technical player on complex ETL development projects with multiple team members
- Provide development support as needed
- Assist with troubleshooting ETL batch job issues in production, PreProd, QA and UAT
- Other tasks as assigned by the line manager
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Task Related skills
- Working knowledge of source-code control using any tool available in the market is preferred.
- Advanced ETL development using Talend Big data platform
Competencies and Soft Skills
- Excellent research skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts and tools.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a diverse team
- Self-motivated, proactive & execution-oriented
- Strong command in Nepali and English language both written and speaking.
- Outstanding communication, leadership, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
Education + Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or electronics engineering degree desired
- 3-5 years of Industry Experience
- 2 years of Talend ETL development using TOS or similar tools○ Experience or Knowledge in AWS Services
- Work in a multinational company operating in the Cloud & ICT domain, based out of the UK and operating in Australia, India, Nepal, Pakistan, and Bangladesh
- Best in class open, progressive, professional, and equal opportunity work environment
- Closely knit and supportive team members and a culture where your contributions, opinions, and diversity is welcome, respected, & encouraged
- Exposure to multi-disciplinary skill areas (including team management & leadership) in a vibrant start-up ecosystem with deep work involving world-class leaders like Amazon, Microsoft, Google, Alibaba, DigitalOcean & Facebook
- Flexible work time (with standard 40 working hours per week & 09:00 am-06:00 pm schedule subject to change with respect to personal schedules & centered on delivery)
- Opportunity to travel regionally (as part of assignment/ training and development or delivery ) in Nepal, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, or Srilanka
Interested candidates fulfilling the mentioned criteria are encouraged to Apply using the Easy Apply Button below. Registered candidates may also apply using Apply Now Button.