Smart Data Solutions has the tools and experience needed to streamline both your paper and electronic workflows. Our integrated validation, matching, and normalization tools ensure the highest quality data possible, increasing auto-adjudication and reducing manual processing. ...View Company Profile
Systems Administrator Assistant
No. of Vacancy: 1
Job Type: Full Time
Offered Salary: Negotiable
Career Level: Mid Level
Experience: 2-4 Years
Apply Before: 2023-04-01 (5 Days Left)
This job description is split into 5 areas of responsibility:
- Ticketing & Troubleshooting
- Development & Provisioning
- Vulnerability Management and Security Configuration
Ticketing and Troubleshooting
- Respond to and work to resolve tickets in the IT Support ticketing queue within established SLAs.
- Respond to and work to resolve tickets in the FTP Support ticketing queue within established SLAs.
- Provision new laptops and workstations according to applicable roles and checklists.
- Other tasks as assigned
Maintenance Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform corrective procedures to ensure sufficient disk space is available on monitored volumes:
- Replace disks
- Expand volumes
- Re-provision volumes
- Install new storage
- Delete unnecessary files
- Perform corrective procedures to ensure that monitored RAID systems are in good health:
- Disk replacement
- Configuration updates
- Perform corrective procedures to ensure that SAN replication is executing as expected.
- Perform corrective procedures to ensure that database replication is current to all slave databases.
- Perform corrective procedures to ensure that all web servers and balancing configurations are performing as expected.
- Perform corrective procedures to ensure that all production-related software modules are performing as expected.
- Perform other related maintenance duties as assigned.
Development & Provisioning Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop new SDS software modules and utilities (as assigned) in order to support production, operations, and customer support.
- Configure and deploy new server hardware and virtual servers:
- Operating system installation and configuration
- Software services installation and configuration
- Internet Mail/DNS/Domain controller servers
- RCM (Jobs) servers
- Tomcat web servers
- Cartouche (OCR) servers
- MySQL database servers
- SafeClaim Servers
- Configure and deploy new storage hardware:
- SAN members
- Other storage resources
- Perform other related provisioning duties as assigned.
Documentation Duties and Responsibilities
- Create documentation for all hardware and software install and configuration procedures.
- If documentation for a procedure already exists, use it when performing procedures and update if necessary.
- Document the results of general troubleshooting in order to provide “lessons learned” for the future.
- Documentation should be created on the SDS Wiki 5. Perform other related documentation duties as assigned.
Backup Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform regularly scheduled external backups of critical SDS resources, to be specified in a separate document.
- Store backup disks in off-site location and rotate according to procedure.
- Perform other related backup duties as assigned.
Vulnerability Management and Security Configuration
- Remediate identified vulnerabilities in software applications, operating systems, and networking infrastructure
- Identify and remediate vulnerabilities in the QuickClaim web application, and other SDS web applications as needed
- Execute system hardening in accordance with hardening checklists and CIS profile scan results
- Suggest and implement new systems and configurations that enhance the security posture of SDS
- Remain up to date on the latest information security trends and methods
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Microsoft Windows Operations Systems (Workstation and Server)
- Linux Operating Systems
- MySQL database or similar
- Shell scripting
- Action orientation
- Task discipline
- Friendliness and helpfulness
Education + Experience:
- 2 or 4 years CS or IT-related degree
Interested candidates fulfilling the mentioned criteria are encouraged to Apply using the Easy Apply Button below. Registered candidates may also apply using Apply Now Button.