Sr. QC Engineer
Apply Before : 2022-01-26 (Closed)
No. of Vacancy
Responsible for establishing and implementing quality assurance and compliance processes for the IT organization. Work closely with product owners to develop and implement an overall quality maturity roadmap and plan for each IT functional area. Works with development, testing and production teams to develop, publish and implement software quality assurance plans.
Develop and execute formal test plans to ensure the delivery of quality software applications. Conduct test planning, writing test cases/scripts, test case automation and test execution. Defines and tracks quality assurance metrics such as defects, defect counts, test results and test status.
- Participate in the entire AGILE software development lifecycle process to catch defects as early as possible; become a domain expert on the system under test.
- Gather and analyze requirements, and test in all layers of the system. Participate in the functional and/or technical specification documents review. Drive towards sustainable and maintainable manual test and automation design.
- Implement test harnesses; create automated and manual test suites.
- Design and execute manual and/or automated test cases for functional, regression, and/or performance testing, including both back-end and front-end testing of the entire system, subsystems, and interfaces to other systems as needed.
- Coordinate testing efforts, and provide quality assurance readiness to the team.
- Archive, maintain, and support all test artifacts for reuse on subsequent projects, including test environments, test data, and application instances as appropriate.
- Act as second or third level technical support, analyzing user problems to identify critical defects, as needed.
- Independently conducts quality assurance testing and analysis on primarily medium to large size or scope software development projects.
- Ensure that applications and systems function properly and according to business standards and end-user specifications and requirements.
- Manage multiple testing projects simultaneously and quickly adapt to testing new applications and systems.
- Participate in quality assurance testing and analysis on more complex or enterprise projects to ensure that the applications system functions properly and according to business requirements and end-user requirements.
- Acts as an advisor on the technical issues when testing the application software system, as well as handles project management and resolves testing issues for projects. Document any problems resulting from the testing of software. Ensure that all problems are communicated to all members of the project team. Update documentation when problems are resolved.
- Proactively assesses and follows through on testing risks and issues identified on projects.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Able to demonstrate ability to solve somewhat more complex problems by analyzing variables and applying appropriate solutions learned through experience and proficiency in understanding the job. Must be able to recognize anomalies and critical situations and respond appropriately.
- Able to apply strong functional computer knowledge in utilizing Microsoft Windows, MAC, or other technical tools in completing assignments.
- Requires very good communication skills with ability to state messages in a clear manner by using language that is easy for others to understand.
- Demonstrated experience, knowledge of quality assurance methodology and agile software development life cycles, and the ability to use this expertise to drive test design, processes and techniques.
Technologies we use:
- Cloud - Google Cloud Platform (90 products and services) / AWS (150 products and services)
- Collaboration - G-Suite, Meet, Jira, scrum board
- Project Management - Jira/Kanban/Agile
- Frontend - React, Android, iOS
- Backend - PHP/Laravel, Node.js, MongoDB, PostgreSQL
- UI/UX - Adobe XD/Photoshop/Prototype/AI
- SDLC - Agile/Scrum
- Microservices - API, Middle-tiers
- Cybersecurity - Compliance, Privacy, Frameworks, Architectures, Encryption
- Data Science - Python, R, Jupyter
- React.js: 3 years
- Node.js: 2 years
Consider sending us your resume if you are a:
- Self starter
- Problem solver
- Team player
- Eager learner
- Positive thinker
- Excellent communicator
Education + Experience
- Bachelor degree in discipline related to functional work or role with 3-5 years of relevant work experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
- Telecommute and flexible timing
- Sick days and paid time off (PTO)
- Extremely competitive salary
- Festival allowance
- Provident Fund contributions
- Knowledge sharing - Demo Day (talk about what you enjoy and do)
- Training - (Safari/Udemy/Coursera) courses. Also provide mentoring from the leadership team, co-workers, and hired professionals
- Flat organization - direct opportunity to work with customers and our leadership team
- Career opportunity to align on Individual Contributor (IC) or Management
- Office space for working (currently work from home due to Covid)
- Volunteer Day - volunteer for your passion (currently restricted due to Covid)
- Fortnightly team building activities (currently restricted due to Covid)
Interested candidates fulfilling the mentioned criteria are encouraged to Apply using the Easy Apply Button below. Registered candidates may also apply using Apply Now Button.