Sr. Data Engineer
Apply Before : 2021-10-21 ((2 Days Left))
No. of Vacancy
(2 Days Left)
A Data Engineer will be responsible for expanding and optimizing data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products.
- Streamline data processes through various data sources for the group
- Create and maintain data pipeline architecture in AWS
- Create data tools/solutions to assist stakeholders to ingest large data to perform complex quantitative analysis
- Work with stakeholders to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
- Interface with the Data & Infrastructure teams for optimal extraction, transformation and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in data systems.
- Establish processes to perform on-going data monitoring to ensure data quality for quantitative modeling and application engineering exercises
- Interface with Vendors and establish data pipelines to extract data via API automation
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Task Related skills and Certifications
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of database ○ Experience in data transformation, data structures, metadata, and workload management
- Experience in analyzing data and establishing data quality check protocols ○ Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Familiarity with all AWS data products especially – Athena, Redshift, DynamoDB, Neptune, Glue, Lake Formation
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Scala, etc.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights using AWS QuickSight
- Experience with scheduling software and shell scripting (UNIX/Linux) ○ Familiarity with other AWS services required to build data infrastructure
Competencies and Soft Skills
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Demonstrated experience building collaborative partnerships.
- Strong organization and prioritization skills along with outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Willingness to build professional relationships with staffs and clients
Education + Experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field.
- 4+ years of relevant industry experience.
- 5 working days in a week (09:00 am-06:00 pm)
- Work in a multinational company operating in the Cloud & ICT domain, based out of the UK and operating in Finland, Australia, India, Nepal, Pakistan, Bangladesh & Srilanka
- Best in class open, progressive, professional, and equal opportunity work environment
- Closely knit and supportive team members and a culture where your contributions, opinions, and diversity is welcome, respected, & encouraged
- Exposure to multi-disciplinary skill areas (including team management & leadership) in a vibrant start-up ecosystem with deep work involving world-class leaders like Amazon, Microsoft, Google, Zoom, Alibaba, DigitalOcean, and Facebook
- Opportunity to travel regionally (as part of assignment/ training and development or delivery ) in Nepal, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, or Srilanka
Interested candidates fulfilling the mentioned criteria are encouraged to Apply using the Easy Apply Button below. Registered candidates may also apply using Apply Now Button.