Senior Technical Specialist - AMU/AMC
Apply Before : 2020-10-01 (Closed)
No. of Vacancy
NGO / INGO / Development Projects
The Senior Technical Specialist - AMU/AMC will be responsible for activities related to strengthening the capacity and systems for AMU/AMC surveillance in humans and animals. S/he will coordinate and collaborate with the Quality Standards and Regulatory Division (QSRD), Ministry of Health and Population (MoHP), Department of Drug Administration (DDA) and Veterinary Standard Drugs Regulatory Laboratory (VSDRL), Department of Livestock Services (DLS) on AMU and AMC surveillance activities. This position is based in Kathmandu with frequent field visits (30 percent or more) to different parts of Nepal.
The Senior Technical Specialist - AMU/AMC will provide technical assistance to:
- Develop systems for AMR, AMU and AMC surveillance and data sharing
- QSRD/MOHP, DDA, VSDRL and DLS to develop protocols, guidelines, implementation plans and reports as well as disseminate findings.
- Collect, collate, review, analyse and visualize data related to AMR, AMU and AMC patterns in human and animal populations
- Conduct epidemiological investigations (e.g., source, antibiotic use, and spread of infection); this will also include active participation in such investigations and coordination and communication with farms, veterinarians, pharmacists and clinicians at health facilities
- Map, investigate and/or assess antibiotic distribution and use in humans and animals (at farms)
- Ensure the national AMU/AMC Technical Working group (TWG) functions effectively; and participate in other national-level TWGs, as needed.
- Liaise and coordinate activities with FFCGN2 programme staff, especially Senior Technical Specialists for HH and AH
- Conduct AMC and AMU surveys in HH and AH, and participate in carrying them out
- DDA to enable it to track imports, manufacture and distribution of antimicrobials and development of database for ongoing monitoring
- Prepare and submit AMC/AMU-related data and reports in accordance with national, regional and global standards and requirements, including annual report to World Organization for Animal Health
- Coordinate and collaborate with stakeholders working in AMU/AMC and AMR
The Senior Technical Specialist -AMU/AMC will also contribute to quarterly reports, including identifying good practices, lessons learnt and success stories, and perform other related duties as assigned by the Project Director and/or Country Representative.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with local partners and Government of Nepal entities and structures
- Understanding of drug distribution information systems
- Experience working on AMU survey, drug distribution and AMC surveillance with skills in data collection, analysis and interpretation and study/survey design (preferred)
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the ethical issues surrounding research and surveillance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Nepali
Education + Experience
- Master’s degree in pharmacy and three years of experience in relevant sector or bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy and five years of experience in relevant sector preferably in AMR/AMU/AMC or disease surveillance or public health programmes
Interested and qualified candidates can apply through FHI 360 career at http://www.fhi360.org/careers
Deadline for application: September 30, 2020
Although the deadline is September 30, 2020, we are immediately starting the screening process so interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and oral interview. Any effort to influence the selection process will result in disqualification.