Established in 2014, LIS Nepal is a service centric Information Technology firm. With special focus on retail industry, LIS Nepal’s expertise lies in Business Intelligence (BI), Data Warehousing, and Data Analytics. It is one of the member companies of Yomari Group. LIS Nepal team comprises of experienced professionals with specialization on data analytics. Emphasizing on what makes each client unique, LIS Nepal strives to deliver BI strategic ... solution, tailored to their competitive differentiators. LIS Nepal is one of the development centers for Logic Information Systems, based in US which has branch offices globally.View Company Profile
Senior Application Support Engineer
No. of Vacancy: 1
Job Type: Full Time
Offered Salary: Negotiable
Career Level: Senior Level
Experience: 3 Years
Apply Before: 2022-09-15 Closed
- Actively participate in client communication and resolve client queries when necessary. Handle multiple clients and communicate with them in case of any criticality. Troubleshoot and resolve the undocumented errors.
- Actively participate in defect prevention activities like recording the defects and appropriate action items.
- Adhere to the Service Level Agreements.
- Provide functional guidance to the team.
- Handle CR and application/batch related tickets.
- Perform root cause analysis and provide resolutions for erroneous or unprocessed transactions.
- Communicate and coordinate with the batch monitoring team regarding erroneous or abnormal situations.
- Investigate issues that need L3, L4 levels of support.
- Filter incidents that are not under support scope, soliciting the assignment or involvement of other necessary teams to the resolution of the call.
- Timely monitor/review team member’s performance and mentor/train them when required. Research on new technical and functional areas.
- Periodically report to supervisors and stakeholders.
- Perform additional duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to anticipate potential problems, and determine and implement solutions. Must facilitate incident and problem management.
- Must transfer knowledge in transition on batch monitoring activities to the newly joined team members.
Mandatory Experience/Requirements and Skills
- Willing to work in shifts.
- Experience in support levels L2 and L3.
- Technical Skill in- SQL, UNIX, Shell Scripting, any ETL and Reporting tool.
- Experience in understanding and documenting the application support issues. Must have the ability to work independently and in a team environment. Must be able to learn and apply new trends and technologies in IT.
Preferred Experience & Technical Skills
- Retail domain knowledge or experience will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of Python, shell-scripts will be an added advantage.
- Experience of Support tools like JIRA Service desk, HubSpot, Zendesk, Bugzilla is desirable. Experience of Cloud environments like AWS and Azure is desirable.
- Prior knowledge in version control system like GIT, SVN, and Mercurial will be an added advantage.
- Willing to travel outside the country as per need.
- International exposure/experience will be an added advantage.
Education + Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science.
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in support.
Interested candidates fulfilling the mentioned criteria are encouraged to Apply using the Easy Apply button below. Registered candidates may also apply using Apply Now Button