Apply Before : 2020-08-13 (Closed)
No. of Vacancy
NGO / INGO / Development Projects
Position: Project Manager
Location (base): SODCC, Parsa Field Office Bara & Rautahat
Reports to: Executive Director (ED)
Department or Program: Aarambha, Leave No Girl Behind (LNGB)Project
Contract Starting date: as soon as possible
Probation Period: 6 months
Contract End Date: July 31, 2021 with possible extension
No of opening: 1
Scope of work
Under the direct supervision of the Executive Director, Project Manager will ensure timely and high-quality project delivery by local partner. The Project Manager will be responsible to led, manage and support field-based activities for LNGB project and represent SODCC at Provincial, local/district level. S/he will be responsible for staff management, support, coordination as well as other team members and consortium partners ensuring the project implementation as per requirement by the SODCC and donor’s policy and compliance. S/he will ensure effective and timely coordination with partners and local stakeholders in all aspects of the project and the successful completion of assigned responsibilities.
- Provide guidance and support to the implementing partners that include but not limited to, planning, budgeting and implementing planned activities, reviewing the progress including preparing periodic reports, developing case studies/transforming the lives/success stories, and documenting entire process.
- Support to review and develop curriculum and teaching-learning materials on GESI transformative workshop, life skills and community engagement.
- Assess the capacity building needs of project staff, prepare plans and support for implementation and monitor on regular basis.
- Provide technical support to carry out the capacity development and community engagement activities with/ for project staff, communities and local stakeholders that are directly linked with project activities.
- Coordinate with M&E department, programs department, local partners, and liaison with external evaluation partner and PIN to ensure regular program monitoring and evaluation.
- Work with Finance to make sure that all finance related work is in compliance with financial requirements of the project.
- Ensure safeguarding of children, vulnerable groups (including people with disabilities) and those at-risk during planning, designing and implementation of program activities.
- Coordinate with relevant government and non-government agencies/ organizations to ensure optimum elaboration, reducing duplication and maximizing the result.
- Maintain regular communication with likeminded organizations, working groups and networking for synergy and policy advocacy in relation to girls’ education, community engagement and girls’ access to services.
- Produce written reports on activities and outcomes (monthly, quarterly and annually) and submit to the PIN and added responsibility as assigned by SODCC/PIN.
Project Operations Management
- Operational management of the project including following financial, admin, logistics, communications tasks to ensure full compliance with SODCC and donor's financial and procurement procedures.
- Work closely with the Executive Director to ensure complies with contractual obligations.
- Coordinate with grants, contracts and M&E units to ensure the Project tam are on track in terms of meeting deadlines and producing quantitative and qualitative deliverables.
- Ensure Branding and Marketing is well reflected and is practiced in all activities as guided by the GEC/LNGB, PIN and SODCC’s Communication Guideline.
- Provide guidance in monitoring staff, volunteers and consultants/suppliers’ adherence to SODCC policies and internal procedures, protocols, SODCC Code of Conduct, with special attention to Safeguarding Standards and Procedure including Case Handling , Child Protection and Do No Harm policies; immediate reporting and response of any complaints and issues based on its severity.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Required skill, experience and knowledge
Master’s degree in education, social science, rural development, or relevant field, with at least 3 years of demonstrated work experience or Bachelor’s degree with 5 years of work experience with an one or more of the following areas:
- Girls' empowerment interventions;
- Adolescent education programme management, informal education approaches; targeted for most marginalized population and MOO-S adolescent girls;
- Development and implementation of workshop curriculum, training manuals and teaching-learning materials in GESI responsive, Gender transformative workshop, life skills and social norms;
- Life skills, life planning and leveraging livelihood for/with marginalized population;
- Child development framework: protection, participation, and survival;
- Gender equality, social inclusion, social norms, and/or gender-transformative programming;
- Community engagement/participation and local government mobilization.
- Experience managing and monitoring projects implemented in remote locations.
- Experience in coordination with local and provincial authorities.
- Demonstrated experience in managing diverse teams, building and maintaining strong relationships with the project team, partners and local stakeholders.
- Outstanding communications and networking skills.
- Detail orientation and ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in the languages spoken in Province 2.
- Demonstrated understanding of gender and social norms in programming.
Education + Experience
- Master’s degree in education, social science, rural development, or relevant field, with at least 3 years of demonstrated work experience or Bachelor’s degree with 5 years of work experience
Candidates from Province-2, women and other marginalized and minority group are encouraged to apply.
Qualified and interested candidates are requested to apply with a cover letter and updated resume with two recent references to email@example.com August 13, 2020 before 17:00 hrs. Please mention the position in subject area of email during the application process.
SODCC Parsa is an equal opportunity employer
Only short-listed candidates will be called for further screening process.
Telephone enquiries will not be entertained.