Apply Before : 2020-08-13 (Closed)
No. of Vacancy
NGO / INGO / Development Projects
Position: Project Coordinator
Location (base): SODCC, Parsa Field Office Bara & Rautahat
Reports to: Project Manager
Department or Program: Aarambha, Leave No Girl Behind (LNGB)Project
Contract Starting date: as soon as possible
Probation Period: 6 months
Contract End Date: July 31, 2021 with possible extension
No of opening: 2
Scope of work
Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager, Project Coordinator will complete primarily field-based activities for SODCC, Leave No Girl Behind project. S/he will ensure effective and timely coordination with project team, local stakeholders, and PIN and Aasaman for all aspects of the project and the successful completion of assigned responsibilities. S/he will report directly to SODCC Project Manager based in the head office.
- Assist Project Manager in the implementation of project activities in the targeted field locations of Province 2 districts.
- Assist Project Manager to develop project strategies, activities and policies related to the LNGB project.
- Conduct, monitor and support program implementation of LNGB in selected sites in close coordination with LNGB’s consortium partners.
- Identify marginalized individuals, communities and households, conduct assessments and data collection as per the marginalization framework used by the project.
- Mobilize or facilitate formation of support groups/working committees in the project sites, and provide training to such groups/committees.
- Ensure safeguarding of children, vulnerable groups (including people with disabilities) and those in risk during planning, designing and implementation of project activities.
- Support the LNGB project team in developing referral mechanism and service matrix.
- Support SODCC staff and volunteers in any activities in the field.
- Organize field visits to project districts and fields sites as per the requirement of the project.
- Spend long periods (several weeks) in rural field sites, which may involve extensive walking.
Coordination and Liaise
- Assist Project Manager to liaise with concerned government stakeholder and other existing partner in the assigned district and maintain healthier professional relationship.
- Provide support to the Project Managers to organize local level/district level/national workshops/orientation/induction in relation to LNGB project.
- Coordinate with relevant organizations, municipalities and other concerned stakeholders and timely update of the situation.
- Communicate regularly with Project Manager.
Documentation, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Coordinate with MEAL team on any field surveys, assessments or evaluations pertaining to the project.
- Assist the Project Manager with filing risk register reports, field visit and monitoring checklists as per instructions from the Project Manager.
- Participate in meetings and prepare meeting minutes as per instructions from the Project Manager.
- Monitor GESI responsive workshop (school intervention) and life skills classes in the Community Learning Centres at different project sites.
- Monitor workshops with in school and out of school adolescent girls and boys, both in schools or outside schools.
- Identify and immediately communicate needs and gaps in such classes and school level interventions and life skill intervention.
- Monitor different projects implemented by the committees formed in the schools and in the communities.
- Maintain ordered project’s documentation, lists, reports, log books, according to SODCC and donor’s requirements and compliance.
- Complete field reports and send them to Project Managers, in coordination with chief master trainers.
- Ensure that the project activities are conducted in compliance with both SODCC and donor’s rules and regulations, especially child protection; do no harm, anti-corruption, transparency and accountability.
- Carry out routine monitoring and evaluation of the project to ensure quality.
- Support Project Manager in monitoring progress and evaluation of project activities including financial performances.
Data Collection and Information Management/Dissemination
- Collect required data from field, in coordination with the project’s MEAL team and update in mobile application and as per project needs. In case of increase in data and reporting needs, will support to compile and clear and support to MEAL coordinator.
- Maintain data and information confidentiality as set out in the Data Protection Policy of PIN.
- Coordinate with the MEAL team for required updated data from central level and ensure that the shared data in the field is updated and verified.
- Other tasks assigned by SODCC / PIN.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Good understanding of gender issues and rights-based approach
- Willingness to undertake extensive field works in remote and rural Madhesi communities
- Outstanding communication skills- written and spoken
- Fluency in English-written and spoken
- Knowledge of local language/s to be considered an advantage
- Strong critical thinking and ability to self-initiate
Priority will be given to female candidates from Province 2, with considerable field experience and knowledge of local language.
- Respect diversity and inclusion
- Have high level of commitment and integrity
Education + Experience
Education and Training
- Bachelor degree in social science or development related fields, with good understanding and interest in project management.
- Minimum of two years’ experience working in project management, field monitoring, data collection, and reporting preferably with development projects
Candidates from Province-2, women and other marginalized and minority group are encouraged to apply.
Qualified and interested candidates are requested to apply with a cover letter and updated resume with two recent references to email@example.com August 13, 2020 before 17:00 hrs. Please mention the position in subject area of email during the application process.
SODCC Parsa is an equal opportunity employer
Only short-listed candidates will be called for further screening process.
Telephone enquiries will not be entertained.