Apply Before : 2020-07-05 ((0 Days Left))
No. of Vacancy
NGO / INGO / Development Projects
(0 Days Left)
Global Action Nepal (GAN) is social organization which has been working exclusively in Nepal for two decades to help develop the education system and implement social change. We work to enhance the rising generation’s life chances in Nepal by widening its access to and participation in empowering, community sustaining, gender-equalising basic education and vocational skills development.
GAN is going to implement Safe to Learn project partnering with VSO Nepal from July 2020. The project will contribute ending violence and strengthen the capacity of community schools to create safe place for learning. Project intervention will be linked with two VSO-led Girls’ Education Challenge projects (Sisters for Sisters’ Education and ENGAGE Project) in 5 districts (Surkhet, Lamjung, Dhading, Parsa and Sarlahi). This project will support 17,000 girls and boys through a “whole school” approach. Project activities will facilitate empowerment of children, parents and teachers to address the issue of violence, bullying and harassment to promote child safety, gender-responsive and child-friendly teaching, and improve school governance for safe learning and is currently looking for following experienced and dynamic team players for the aforementioned project.
Position: Project Coordinator- 2 Nos.
Duty Station: (Lamjung: 1, Surkhet: 1)
Project Coordinator will be responsible for the district level planning and implementation to ensure safe learning environment and take a lead in overseeing and delivering the project interventions ensuring high quality results within the stipulated timeframe with available resources. She/he will maintain regular coordination, communication with project team, line agencies and will be responsible to develop AIP, DIP, safe to learn implementation guideline, education materials and Enhance the capacity of field staff on project interventions. She/he will facilitate to streamline monitoring system, document and sharing best practices on StL and maintained linkage, Coordination and reporting at project level.
R 1. Project Planning, Implementation and Management
- Lead the team of Safe to Learn project at district level lead in developing operational plans and ensure effective and efficient execution of project activities on time.
- Ensure participatory program planning (AIP, DIP and Project Implementation guideline) and effective mobilization of resources to achieve the high-quality results.
- Coordinate local government authorities, consortium and other non-governmental organizations to create collaborative efforts through regular meetings, interactions, and initiating joint monitoring visits.
- Keep the project information up to date and ensue meeting programmatic and financial compliance. Maintain a professional conduct, while intervening the project activities.
- Regularly review the progress with project team; project timeline/deadline, deliverables, planned project activities and ensure the quality of project activities.
- Provide necessary technical support required to the organization management team.
- Ensure accountability towards government authorities by sharing project target, budget, progress as well as delivery approaches.
- Represent organization at different forums, platform, network and consortium and ensure meaningful participation.
- Perform other duties as per need and as guided by the organization and the supervisor.
R 2. People management
- Inspire and motivate the project team to excel their performance being a role model.
- Ensure professional communication within and outside the organization.
- Identify capacity gap of the project team and initiate capacity building initiatives to fulfil these gaps.
- Ensure execution of periodic meeting of the project team to share the progress, challenges and to develop way forward.
- Ensure timely performance agreement with the supervisees have been made as per the organizational human resource policy/guidelines/systems and carry out the performance review and appraisals.
- Ensure that national volunteers have developed and implemented their work plan to support the district project team and schools’ authorities (Head teachers, teachers, child club, parents’ group, SMC and PTAs) for the effective implementation of project activities.
R 3. Monitoring, evaluation, documentation, reporting and donor compliance
- Understand the project’s theory of change, log frame, monitoring framework etc and support M&E team to draft project specific M&E tools.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and completion report and submit timely to funding agency.
- Ensure effective management of the project database with verified information and provide to respective authority as and when necessary.
- Initiate regular monitoring of project activities through field visits, data and information verification and meeting the donor compliance.
- Prepare periodic project narrative reports and target versus achievement and submit to funding agency before the deadlines set for.
R 4. Budgeting and financial management
- Ensure efficient and effective financial management system is in place.
- Ensure financial compliances are met as per the standard set commonly with funding agencies respecting financial policies, guidelines and periodic circulation.
- Ensure all sets of financial reports with enough supporting documents are produced and submitted on a timely manner to the funding agency.
- Ensure that the expenses are approved as per the process.
- Monitor income and expenditure regularly and identify and proactively mitigate potential risks.
- Work closely with finance person in the organization to prepare budget, any amendments and forecasts as per project requirements and timeline in consultation with funding agency.
- Develop a financial monitoring tracker in Excel and update it to enable cross verification of the financial information.
- Make sure entire documents relating to finance have been well stored and documented.
R 5. Procurement and inventory management
- Ensure adherence of the financial and procurement policy agreed with the funding agency.
- Prepare project annual procurement plan as per the organization policies.
- Ensure effective stock & inventory management is in place and regular reporting has been made to respective authority.
- Supervise the inventory management (monitoring the physical condition of store/warehouses, necessary guidance to the inventory in charge).
- Facilitate bid analysis process and ensure its well documentation.
- Ensure safeguarding of the goods and materials owned by the organization.
R 6. GBV, child protection and safeguarding
- Ensure that project activities are implemented in line with GBV, child protection and safeguarding policies.
- Ensure that project activities are addressing the GBV and child protection issues.
- Conduct regular field visits with appropriate tools and checklists, including interaction/consultation with beneficiaries to learn about program effectiveness in line with GBV, child protection and safeguarding.
- Ensure that organization and schools have complained mitigation system against child protection, GBV and safeguarding.
- Strengthen networking and collaboration with child rights/ civil society organizations and networks to promote GBV and child protection agendas.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong English communication skills required for the role and will be tested at interview.
- Ability to work at pace across multiple work streams.
- Strong management and people skills.
- Excellent ability to work across cultures, time zones and disciplines with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Sensitive to GBV/child protection and child safeguarding issue.
- Good Computer skills.
Education + Experience
Qualification and other requirements:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Education, Social science or related university degree from recognized University (Master’s degree preferable).
- At least three (3) years of work experience; experience in project management level in related field.
- Able to travel and spend time in the Project District all community areas.
- Able to communicate effectively in Local Language.
- Benefits : Based on organization’s policy
Interested and competent candidates are requested to send their recent CV, cover letter and recent photo (with mention of interested district) to email@example.com by 5th July, 2020 (21 Ashadh 2077)
Only short-listed candidates will be called for an interview. Telephone enquiries will not be entertained. Candidates form local areas/district, minority community, groups, cast and women are highly encouraged to apply