Apply Before : 2020-07-03 (Closed)
No. of Vacancy
NGO / INGO / Development Projects
Aasaman Nepal (ASN) ‘A pioneer organization for education and nutrition’, is one of the leading Terai based NGOs led and managed by social activists since its establishment in Dhanusha, Janakpur in 1999. ASN has been engaged in developing and implementing programs aimed at protection, promotion and fulfillment of child rights in Nepal. Currently ASN has been working in 10 districts under 6 Thematic Areas as: Education/Child Protection, Women Empowerment, Livelihood/ Natural Resource Management, Disaster Risk Reduction, Health/ Nutrition and Good Governance.
ASN is going to implement Safe to Learn project partnering with VSO Nepal from July 2020. The project will contribute ending violence and strengthen the capacity of community schools to create safe place for learning. Project intervention will be linked with two VSO-led Girls’ Education Challenge projects (Sisters for Sisters’ Education and ENGAGE Project) in 5 districts (Surkhet, Lamjung, Dhading, Parsa and Sarlahi). This project will support 17,000 girls and boys through a “whole school” approach. Project activities will facilitate empowerment of children, parents and teachers to address the issue of violence, bullying and harassment to promote child safety, gender-responsive and child-friendly teaching, and improve school governance for safe learning and is currently looking for following experienced and dynamic team players for the aforementioned project.
Position: MEAL Officer- 2 Nos.
Duty Station: (Dhading: 1, Parsa: 1)
Job Summary: MEAL officer is mainly responsible to work with project team ensuring the effective and relevant monitoring and evaluation plans, develop and update M&E framework, update project logframe, preparing of monitoring and evaluation plan, tools and techniques of programme monitoring and evaluations and tracking at periodic basis. Strengthen project database and reporting system both in output and outcome level and taking lead to reporting and sharing it at appropriate levels. Establish the system of joint planning, monitoring and sharing with right holders and related line agencies in working districts.
R 1. Planning, Implementation and Management
- Develop and implement a monitoring and evaluation plan that captures key indicators relevant to attaining project objectives in close coordination with Project Coordinator and VSO’s relevant person.
- Develop and establish project database, MEAL framework of the project, respecting agreed standards and timeframe.
- Coordinate the baseline surveys and other field assessment exercises, Prepare TOR for Baseline, Midline and End line Survey/Final Evaluation and other studies.
- Assist PC in preparing quarterly work plans and prepare periodic work plans and work closely with EDCU officials, municipal education officials, and schools while implementing project activities.
- Support in developing training plan, support professionally and technically in facilitating training sessions to the teachers, big sisters, and other stakeholders.
- Work closely with community-based organizations, including Community learning centre.
- Provide technical leadership and support to project and partner staff in planning and implementing M&E systems and activities, data-based program decision-making, and results reporting; provide training as needed.
R 2. Monitoring and Evaluation, Reporting
- Conduct field visits for data validation and to monitor the quality and completeness of data sets; coordinate data collection at project sites to monitor program development and ensure timely compilation and reporting of data; capture and document lessons learned; and champion the scaling up best practices.
- Lead in developing a responsive, functional and appropriate feed backing mechanism which can improve current project implementation and guide future programming.
- Ensure that MEAL process, systems and procedures are upholding the safety and dignity of stakeholders.
- Ensure the accuracy of all data presented in reports to stakeholders including to donors, local government units, partners, community beneficiaries, among others.
- Devise and manage a MEAL training programme with the goal of increasing capacity and awareness of subordinates, including regular and scheduled inductions on MEAL for all new staff (if needed)
- Develop and implement required templates that facilitate the collection and aggregation of information for the project.
- Mentor community mobilizers for planning, implementing and reporting progress of field activities and supervise and provide on the spot support for community mobilizers, ensuring their efficient and effective mobilization.
- Document and report problems/ challenges faced during project implementation with its way forward and support to collect evidences, exemplary practices, real stories to disseminate them to transfer project learning in a wider context.
- Prepare and share timely and accurate progressive reports periodically against the work plan to line manager.
- Maintain an effective management information system (MIS) for the project as well as for the organisation which will allow for safe storage and easy retrieval of data.
R 3. Coordination and communication
- In close collaboration and coordination with EDCU, Municipality level education focal point and school authorities' roll out the project activities.
- Develop, maintain, and improve mutual and beneficial relationships with key stakeholders through regular coordination and frequent communication.
- Work closely with schools’ head teachers, female mentors, and Gender Focal Points to promote education and livelihood skills to the girls with disabilities.
- Coordinate and facilitate the process to provide orientation to GBV champions.
R 4. Learning and sharing
- Closely monitor the project activities and provide timely feedback for the remedial actions.
- Provide feedback and share learning form M&E process with the wider team
- Promote culture of two way learning in team and in the organization
R 5. GBV, child protection and safeguarding
- Conduct regular field visits with appropriate tools and checklists, including interaction/consultation with beneficiaries to learn about program effectiveness in line with GBV, child protection and safeguarding.
- Ensure that organization and schools have complained mitigation system against child protection, GBV and safeguarding.
- Strengthen networking and collaboration with child rights/ civil society organizations and networks to promote GBV and child protection agendas.
- Assist implementation team to set up child protection and referral mechanism in schools, resource class and or assessment centre.
- Support implementation team (Big sisters, adult champions) to maintain risk register from the GBV, child protection and safeguarding points of view.
- Closely work with available network to reduce the GBV, child protection and safeguarding issues in schools and community level.
- Other Duties:
- Provide input to relevant concepts notes, proposal, budgets and reporting processes as deemed relevant and necessary.
- Fulfil other appropriate level responsibilities as demanded of the project.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Analytical with good management skills and report writing in English and Nepali.
- Excellent computer knowledge with good command of MS Excel among other packages of MS office.
- Ability to work at pace across multiple work streams.
- Excellent ability to work across cultures, time zones and disciplines with a wide range of stakeholders.
Other Attributes: Excellent quality of work and commitment to high standards, strong communication skills, team building and willingness and motivated for good service delivery with strong networking and interpersonal skills and comfortable to work under stress and emergencies.
For all the posts, successful candidates will be appointed for one year with possibility of extension.
Age Limit: Candidates between 21 years to 45 years are only eligible to apply for the above post.
Education + Experience
Qualification and other requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in social science, statistics, Information management, and other relevant academic background with at least three years relevant experience.
- Excellent knowledge and skills on monitoring and evaluation techniques and processes including various research tools and methodologies (both quantitative and qualitative).
- Understanding of the current M&E trends and especially M&E systems in development organisations.
- Sensitive to GBV/child protection and child safeguarding issue.
Selected candidates must adherence to Aasaman Nepal’s internal policies and procedures, protocols, Code of conduct with special attention to Child Protection Policies and Do No Harm approach including funding agency’s policies, guidelines and agreements.
Candidates from the disability, women and disadvantaged groups are highly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are required to send their CV and cover letter indicating the post applied for with a recent photo to firstname.lastname@example.org within 7 days (within 3rd July 2020) from the date of vacancy publication. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview.
ASN reserves the right to qualify/disqualify any applications without any reason.