Apply Before : 2020-10-01 (Closed)
No. of Vacancy
NGO / INGO / Development Projects
Position: Livelihood Officer- 1 for one year preferably extension
Type of the Position: Fixed Term (Project Period)
Job Summary: The Livelihood Officer will be responsible for providing technical back stopping to the project team in resilient livelihoods technologies introduction, promotion and adoption. He / She will be key person in identifying Climate Smart Agricultural Practices, resilient crop varieties etc. and transferring the CSA knowledge and skills to the vulnerable farmers in the project areas through orientations, trainings, demonstrations etc. He / She will maintain a close coordination with the local government agricultural experts, farmers groups and private sectors providing agricultural inputs and services.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identification of appropriate Climate Smart Agricultural (CSA) Practices for the project areas and planning for knowledge and skills transfer to the target beneficiaries.
- Identification of resilient crop varieties based on the target groups demand, quantity estimate and ensuring quality seed and input supply to the beneficiaries.
- Provide technical support, supervision and monitoring to the lead farmers in establishing demonstration plots and its promotion.
- Support in preparation/verification of technical design estimate for poly house commercial nurseries, small scale drip and solar irrigation schemes etc.
- Provide technical inputs and field-based data and information for resilient farming crop calendar, agro-advisories etc.
- Coordinate with private insurance companies for awareness raising and promotion of agricultural and livestock insurance in the project area.
- Coordinate with private agricultural companies for establishing / strengthening relationship between buyer and seller (farmers) for a sustainable supply chain of agricultural produce and services.
- Close coordination with agriculture section of the municipalities, agricultural experts, agricultural service centers and other relevant stakeholders for leveraging local resources, experiences and expertise in resilient livelihood promotion in the target communities.
- Lead agricultural meetings, orientations, trainings, and visit etc. for introduction, promotion knowledge and skill transfer and adoption of Climate Smart Agricultural Practices to the vulnerable farmers in the project communities.
- Support Project Coordinator in project planning, implementation, monitoring and documentation of project activities and progress.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience of working in donor funded projects and coordinating with district and municipal level government and non-government stakeholders.
- Essential Skills and Expertise
- Proficient in Nepali and English languages. Proficiency in local languages of the project areas will be an added advantage
- Good computer skills in MS Office Package, Power Point Presentation, email, internet etc.
- Proficient in report writing and good communication skills desired.
- Experience and skills in facilitating trainings, meetings and orientations for the rural farmers.
- Good knowledge and experience in addressing gender and social inclusion issues in community-based disaster risk reduction and management
Education + Experience
- A minimum of bachelor’s degree in agricultural sciencefrom recognized University (Master’s degree preferred).
- At least four years of professional experience in agricultural related projects with focus on Climate Smart Agricultural Practices and Resilient Livelihoods.
Interested candidates are requested to apply to the position fulfilling the criteria mentioned above may send in their complete &lsquo Curriculum Vitae (CV) with statement of purpose by 30th, Sep. 2020 before 12:00 pm to the email, address mentioned below.
email : firstname.lastname@example.org
KVS is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourage candidates of diverse background, women and differently able, to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be called for the subsequent selection procedure.