Finance Officer (FO)
Apply Before : 2020-01-16 (Closed)
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
No. of Vacancy
NGO / INGO / Development Projects
Job Title: Finance Officer (FO)
Duty Station: Nepalgunj, SEBAC-Nepal Regional Office (field as per need)
Reporting to: Programme Coordinator (PC)/ SEBAC Head office/ TBSU
- The FO is responsible for the smooth execution of overall management of financial matters as required by the project. In addition, FO shall also be responsible for settlement of claims forwarded for reimbursement of project cost to TBSU from partner. Moreover, overall implementing the financial record keeping and reporting at the provincial level.
- S/he is responsible to adhere Policies, Guidelines, and Manuals related to Finance and Administration.
- The FO is responsible for Procurement Management, Inventory Management, and Logistics Support.
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Compliance of Policies, Guidelines, and Manuals
- Ensure compliance with SWAp Framework for the Trail Bridge Sub-Sector for the period covering July 2019 – June 2023, Bi-lateral Project Agreement signed between the Government of Switzerland and the Government of Nepal and its relevant documents.
- Ensure compliance of the HELVETAS Swiss Interco operation Nepal’s and SEBAC-Nepal’s policies, regulations, guidelines and Manuals (Personnel, Administrative, Financial, HRD policies, safety and security policy and other applicable policies, guidelines and Manuals).
2. Planning, Budgeting, Monitoring, and Reporting
- Support the PC in preparation of the annual budget, Yearly Plan of Operation (YPO).
- Prepare quarterly budget requirement and submit to TBSU on time.
- Collect and compile of statement of expenses and support them for financial reporting.
- Prepare financial plans, periodic report and final reports as deemed required and submit financial reports to TBSU/HELVETAS on time.
3. Financial Management
- Collect and check invoices, prepare vouchers for timely payment and post into the accounting system.
- Handle bank related works and cash transactions including preparation of cheques, bank transfer requests and other correspondence with banks. Manage staff accounts for salary and benefits and other related accounts.
- Prepare monthly fund requirements and make request. Ensure internal control system is well functional.
- Ensure control and timely settlement of advances of staff, suppliers, Consultants, and Educational Institutes.
- Keep timely and proper records of all financial transactions. Prepare monthly cash and bank reconciliation. Prepare quarterly financial statement.
- Purchase, Update and monitor Insurance policies of personnel (including staff members of partners for training and travel period as and when needed), vehicles, houses, and office goods.
- Involve and support on allowance payment at training sites namely Social Organizational Support, Demonstration Model Bridge, Leadership and Routine Maintenance training, etc.
- Manage inter/intra office communication and keep records.
- Ensure supply of water, electricity, telephone, fuel and internet. Collect bills and arrange for timely payment.
- Support logistic arrangement for capacity building activities at Palika, Province/state and Federal level; for carrying out Baseline survey, Post Bridge Building Assessment, Impact studies, etc.
- Ensure the personnel and financial records as per set standards.
- Implement all the agreements and related policies as set in the Contract Agreement between the Partners and TBSU/HELVETAS Swiss Inter-cooperation Nepal.
- Support TBSU/HELVETAS at provincial level on reimbursement of travel expenses of TBSU staffs as and when needed.
4. Inventory/Logistic/Store management
- Facilitate procurement of construction materials and keep inventory in computer based software and ensure proper storage of all store items.
- Engage and support for purchase of general items and office automation equipment.
- Supervise timely delivery of construction material to the bridge sites on demand.
- Conduct periodic physical verification of stock and inventory.
- Support for preparing a list of the items to be auctioned and write off.
- Logistic support as per need.
- Ensure office vehicles are in well condition and well operation.
- Other tasks as and when necessary and as directed by the PC/SEBAC Nepal
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Good understanding about the financial control system, bookkeeping, Income Tax and Value Added Tax (VAT).
- Previous experience in NGOs/INGOs or audit firm
- Familiarity with the functioning of State, Province and Palika, NGOs and private firms.
- Good verbal and written communication in Nepali and English. Able to interact effectively with all stakeholders.
- Good team player, client-oriented with managerial skills. Demonstrated ability to work with a multi-cultural team.
- Readiness to conduct field visits as required in rural areas.
- Self-motivated and Result oriented, Good time management and task prioritization skills.
- Commitment towards gender equality, social inclusion, and poverty reduction.
Education + Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Business Studies, Business Administration or in Business Management with Finance/Accounting and having 3 years’ work experience in a similar position.
Only female applicants meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application letter with clearly stating the applied post and updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) to the below stated email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further process. No telephone inquiries will be entertained, canvassing at any stage of the selection process shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Application should be submitted to
on or before 16:00 hrs, January 15th 2020