Apply Before : 2021-09-27 ((1 Days Left))
No. of Vacancy
(1 Days Left)
Development manager at Rosebay manages the development process and team at Rosebay. The ideal candidate is a team player with a very strong technical background in enterprise application development. This position reports directly to the CEO and will work with international customers as well as internal development team to ensure technical excellence. The candidate will manage development standards and technical excellence of two teams at Rosebay: FinTech (which makes financial applications) and Emerging technologies (Blockchain).
- Build, develop and manage engineering talent for the Software Engineering group.
- Keep up to date with the latest technologies, architectures and software development practices.
- Foster a strong engineering culture, set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability, software best practices and enterprise development.
- Ensure enterprise grade software development in keeping with best software development practices.
- Communicate cross-functionally with DevOps and project management to ensure minimum friction with development
- Ensure design and code reviews, analysis of code components and code coverage of Unit test cases.
- Drive end-to-end quality with effective automation of unit level, component level and system level testing. Work closely with the Software QA team to ensure high quality of product delivered.
- Lead/facilitate creation and maintenance of system and software requirements specifications.
- Promote good software engineering practices. Lead/facilitate creation and maintenance of software engineering best practices.
- Lead/facilitate data gathering and troubleshooting of products, under design or returned/reported from the field.
- Follow relevant company procedures and help create and maintain relevant documentation.
- Be involved in all aspects of the software product development processes.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to create technical documentation (UML, DFD etc)
- Knowledge of compliance to international development security standards such as OWASP
- Good written and spoken English skills
- Managed at least 3 projects of over 30 man-month complexity
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with international clients
Candidates should know that this position is a high-stress, fast-paced role which requires the candidate to work odd hours as per customer needs. We advise driven, ambitious candidates who enjoy both technical and business domains to apply.
Education + Experience
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field (Computer science, Computer engineering etc)
- Knowledge of at least two programming languages (Java and one more) with at least 5 years of development experience in Java.
- Managed development standards for Vue.js, Node.js, Java, and mobile application development (iOS, Android) for at least 2 years
Interested candidates fulfilling the mentioned criteria are encouraged to Apply using the Easy Apply Button below. Registered candidates may also apply using Apply Now Button.