Deputy Team Leader (Management)
Apply Before : 2020-06-08 (Closed)
No. of Vacancy
NGO / INGO / Development Projects
Swisscontact is the business-oriented independent foundation for international development cooperation. Represented in 36 countries with over 1100 employees, it promotes - since 1959 - economic, social, and environmental development.
Government of Nepal (GoN) and Government of Switzerland have been implementing Nepal Vocational Qualifications System Project (NVQS-P) since 2015. The Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) is providing financial and technical assistance to the GoN (Council for Technical Education and Vocational Training (CTEVT)/Ministry of Education, Science and Technology (MoEST)) for the implementation of the project.
Swisscontact Nepal has set up a technical assistance team- Project Support Unit (PSU) on behalf of SDC.
For the second Phase of NVQS-P (subject to ratification of the bilateral agreement), we invite applications from committed and experienced Nepali citizens for the following position to be filled.
Swisscontact invites applications from qualified candidates for the following position:
Position : Deputy Team Leader (Management)
Location: NVQS PSU Office, CTEVT Complex, Sanothimi, Bhaktapur,
Nepal Reports to: Team Leader
Duration: One year with possibility of extension
Purpose of the Job
The Deputy Team Leader (Management)-DTLM is responsible for Human Resources Management, Organisation Development, Federalisation and GESI. The DTLM works closely with the Deputy Team Leader Program. This applies to all main activities of NVQS-P, especially in the area of quality assurance for NVQS processes and products.
Furthermore, the DTLM works closely with the Team Leader, Process Managers, Admin and Finance Manager, Communication and Knowledge Management Specialist, and Documentation and Database Officer to achieve the common objectives as provided in the Logic Frame
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Support management of the project in terms of strategic direction, reporting, budgeting, annual operational plan, human resources management, impact measurement and knowledge management.
- Provide support to ensure quality assurance system in place and effectively implemented in the project.
- Ensure quality assurance system in place and effectively implemented in the project.
- Ensure a robust human resources management system in the project with due consideration of GESI and workforce diversity.
- Ensure a strong team in place with appropriate skills and experience to implement the project activities.
- Lead in preparing annual business plans (yearly plans of operation) and budgets for the NVQS project.
- Monitor the progress of the management related outcome and output indicators as per the NVQS Log Frame and submit quarterly report to the Team Leader
- Prepare reports related to the management as per the requirements of the client, Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) Nepal and Swisscontact.
- Support to organize and prepare for key meetings, workshops and related activities and prepare materials as needed to expand the outreach and advocacy for wider acceptance of NVQS in Nepal.
- Lead preparation of background papers, assessments, monitoring, and evaluation reports related to management tasks.
- Facilitate inputs of actors and stakeholders of NVQS and the team members for various federal and provincial level events and organise reporting as needed.
- Lead the project contributions to Federal State Building and related themes as per the project approach ▪ Support commissioning of impact studies of the project.
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders and ensure partnerships are made based on the need of the strategies.
- Conduct annual assessment of the staff under management and apply corrective measures for non-performing staff.
- Represent the NVQS-P in absence of the Team Leader.
- Contribute to overall project management
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Qualification and Experience
The individual must conform to the following qualifications and expertise:
- Advanced communication skill in both English and Nepali (verbal and written)
- Ability and willingness to work in a team to deliver high quality outputs within deadlines in a dynamic and fastpaced work environment.
- Experience in roles and interrelationship among national and international organisations; federal, provincial, and local governments in the management, organisation development and implementation process.
- Proficiency in MS Office work and Internet use and project management tools.
- Knowledge and work experience in TVET Management and Importance of Quality Assurance System establishment.
- Willingness and ability to travel within and outside Nepal.
- Innovative development of the management system by the development of new products that can be replicated within the similar sector.
- Contribution to knowledge management.
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment.
- Self-development, initiative-taking.
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity.
- Acting as a team player and facilitating teamwork.
- Creating synergies through self-control.
- Managing conflict and difficult situation.
- Informed and transparent decision making.
- Analytical Skills including Presentation of Analyses for Decision-Making and Knowledge Sharing.
- Client oriented, internally, and externally.
- Political, cultural and gender sensitive and commitment to TVET Management and ideals in Nepal. Working Conditions and Environment
- This will be applicable in accordance with the Swisscontact Staff Manual.
Education + Experience
- Minimum of 10 years of work experience in relevant field (development cooperation and/or designing and administering national and/or regional TVET programmes) and additional 3 years of management experience.
- Master or higher degree in relevant field (education, TVET, management, business studies).
Interested candidates who meet the above requirement are requested to visit our website https //www.swisscontact.org/en/country/nepal/opportunities/jobs.html
Please submit your current CV with at least two referees, job application form and a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 08 June 2020.
Please mention name of the position applied for in the "subject" line of your email.
Swisscontact Nepal shall not entertain any phone enquiries or other such solicitations for these positions. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the selection process. Swisscontact Nepal reserves the right to reject any or all applications.
Swisscontact Nepal promotes workforce diversity and applies positive discrimination to candidates from discriminated groups (Women, Dalit, Janajati, Madhesi/Terai and other minority communities).