Agricultural Business Development Officer
Apply Before : 2020-10-31 ((2 Days Left))
No. of Vacancy
NGO / INGO / Development Projects
(2 Days Left)
Position title: Agricultural Business Development Officer
Reference No: N20158
Duty station: Dang or Dhangadhi with frequent field travel(subject to mobility restrictions and risk assessment due to COVID-19)
Major duties and responsibilities
- Work with key project personnel to develop and conduct participatory market chain analysis for business opportunities covering rice, maize, and lentil, scale appropriate mechanization, and agricultural inputs and services.
- Work with key project personnel to map the institutional landscape and identify key actors in the seed, inputs, machinery, and commodities value chains.
- Examine value chains and identify opportunities to increase equity and representation among disadvantaged groups, women, and youth.
- Coordinate efforts to raise awareness about project activities, products, and outcomes among stakeholders, partners, policymakers, and the general public.
- Coordinate with project personnel, governmental partners, agrovets, farmer cooperatives and other relevant stakeholders to identify and develop champion farmers into seed entrepreneurs, with women farmers as key targets.
- Work with seed sector personnel cereal and pulse mills as important actors in seed value chain and providing them and other stakeholders with technical backstopping as appropriate.
- Assist in coordinating and backstopping agricultural machinery service providers, sales agents, importers, manufacturers and other machinery stakeholders as appropriate.
- Lead capacity building activities in terms of business development skills, including the preparation and effective dissemination of high-quality training materials, recognizing that women farmers form a key and underserved target group.
- Coordinate events aimed at developing entrepreneurship among promising individuals, service providers or enterprises, market networking, establishing linkages, seed producer-trader negotiations, exposure visits and other promotional activities.
- Identify market networks and outlets and innovative approaches to strengthen marketing systems and information networking and to reduce the length of value chains using options including the use of mobile phones/call centers.
- Liaise and coordinating with other relevant projects in the region to increase synergies and complementarities.
- Assisting in monitoring and evaluation and reporting efforts by providing quality input and reports in a timely manner (every 2-3 months as indicated by project lead).
- Following best practices in data collection, and in organizing, managing, storing, and archiving data in accordance with project and CIMMYT norms.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Education + Experience
- Masters’ Degree in agriculture, agricultural economics, business-oriented fields, market-oriented fields. MBAs are also acceptable with experience in agriculture.
Candidates must send their CV and cover letter to Recruit-Nepal@cgiar.org no later than October 31, 2020.
Please include position and reference number in the subject of your email.
Incomplete applications (without CV and cover letter) will not be taken into consideration.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.