Program Officer – Planning, Reporting and Documentation
Apply Before : 2020-10-03 (Closed)
No. of Vacancy
NGO / INGO / Development Projects
Position: Program Officer – Planning, Reporting and Documentation - 1 position
Reporting to: Team Leader - Safer Migration Project
Project Duration: Until 15 July 2022 Duty Station: Project Support Unit (PSU), Safer Migration Project, HELVETAS Nepal, Lalitpur
Job Purpose: The overall responsibility of the position holder is to prepare high quality periodic reports, planning documents and documentation of the project learnings, best practices and lesson learned in English.
Duties and Responsibilities
1 Compliance of Policies, Guidelines and Manuals
- Adhere to relevant policies, procedures, regulations and guidelines of HELVETAS Swiss Intercooperation Nepal (Personnel, Financial, Administrative policy manual; Security Response Guide; Gender Equality and Social Inclusion Guide; Sexual Harassment and Mobbing Policy; Code of Conduct Against Corruption, etc.) and other specific policies applicable to the SaMi Project;
- Contribute to Conflict Sensitive Programme Management at all levels;
- Compliance with policies and approaches of the Government of Nepal (GoN) and the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC), as relevant and required.
2. Preparation of Project’s Plans, Reports and Documentation of project activities
- Assist the Team Leader in the preparation of the Yearly Plan of Operation (YPO), activity plan, outcome monitoring plan as per the standards and requirements of SaMi stakeholders i.e. SDCs, Ministry of Labor, Employment and Social Security (MOLESS), Helvetas, SaMi/PSU;
- Prepare high quality periodic reports (quarterly, semi-annual and annual progress reports, including outcome monitoring reports) in English and in the agreed standard template to meet the requirement of SDC, MoLESS and Helvetas;
- Assist staff members to develop monitoring mechanisms at partners’ level for effective planning, monitoring and self-evaluation of the project activities;
- Support the project implementing Local Governments and their local service providers (LSPs) in the smooth flow of information related to effective planning, monitoring, review, reflection and self-evaluation of the project activities, outputs and outcomes;
- Update and manage the project online database at PSU level for periodic collection, compilation, processing and analysis of monitoring and evaluation data (qualitative and quantitative) and assist to produce case studies, blog, articles, policy briefs, flyers etc. at different levels;
- Support/facilitate the project teams to prepare and submit monthly and periodic reports on time;
- Compile the data/information received from the teams and produce periodic progress updates as per the requirements of the project stakeholders;
- Ensure preparation and regular update of federal, province/local government wise fact sheets of the project;
- Contribute in conducting internal project assessment/review/research as per the requirement and document learnings and challenges of the project.
3. Management of Information
- Under the guidance of the Team Leader, coordinate with the Knowledge Management and Communication team of SaMi and Country Office to ensure timely retrieval of project information necessary for the Yearly Plan of Operation (YPO) and reports;
- Ensure proper functioning and upgrading of the web-based project information management system.
4. Coordination and Collaboration with stakeholders
- Work in close coordination with project teams at different levels, including the team based at MoLESS and the Foreign Employment Board, on all matters related to Planning, Reporting, Information Management and Documentation;
- Ensure that the purpose, scope, management and learnings of SaMi are adequately, documented and shared with concerned stakeholders including local governments.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
5. Required Education, Experience and Competencies
The following requirements are compulsory to be qualified for the candidacy:
- Proven work in writing analytical papers in English language;
- Proven knowledge and proficiency in ITC, MS Office application and database software;
- Commitment towards gender equality, social inclusion and poverty reduction and the sensitivity towards migrant labour. Elective requirements
The following skills and competencies provide added value:
Proven experience in developing project plans, progress reports or research reports; Excellent team player and effective communicator; Experience in quantitative and qualitative data analysis and reporting techniques; Experience in management of large-scale web-based information and data management system; Knowledge and experience in labour migration.
Education + Experience
- Master’s degree in English Literature, Social Science or in other relevant field with proven analytical and writing skills.
- Two years of experience in the development field with sound knowledge of monitoring and evaluation (internship can also be counted as experience).
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are requested to visit our website at http://apply.helvetas.org.np and submit their application through the online portal. The detailed job description is available on the website.
Telephone enquiries will not be entertained. Any recommendation or influence from other than nominated referees or previous employers may risk the candidate to disqualify the candidacy. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the further screening process. Helvetas Nepal reserves the right to reject any or all applications without assigning any reasons.
Helvetas Nepal promotes workforce diversity and applies positive discrimination to women candidates and candidates from Dalit, Janajati, Madhesi/Terai, and other minority communities.
Deadline for submission of application: 2 October 2020