Apply Before : 2020-06-08 (Closed)
No. of Vacancy
NGO / INGO / Development Projects
Swisscontact is the business-oriented independent foundation for international development cooperation. Represented in 36 countries with over 1100 employees, it promotes - since 1959 - economic, social, and environmental development.
Government of Nepal (GoN) and Government of Switzerland have been implementing Nepal Vocational Qualifications System Project (NVQS-P) since 2015. The Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) is providing financial and technical assistance to the GoN (Council for Technical Education and Vocational Training (CTEVT)/Ministry of Education, Science and Technology (MoEST)) for the implementation of the project.
Swisscontact Nepal has set up a technical assistance team- Project Support Unit (PSU) on behalf of SDC.
For the second Phase of NVQS-P (subject to ratification of the bilateral agreement), we invite applications from committed and experienced Nepali citizens for the following position to be filled.
Swisscontact invites applications from qualified candidates for the following position:
Position : Process Manager
Location: NVQS PSU Office, CTEVT Complex, Sanothimi, Bhaktapur,
Nepal Reports to: Deputy Team Leader (Program)
Duration: One year with possibility of extension
Purpose of the Job
The Process Manager (ProM) is responsible for the development of competency standards and assessment packages along with the subject matter experts’ capacity development in process management. Key roles of the Process Manager are to align all the core tasks with the development and implementation of the Vocational Qualifications Frameworks (VQFs) assuring quality and provide technical support to NVQS Project counter parts in federal and province levels. Every process will include GESI considerations. The ProM provides strong support to education employment linkage to increase the relevance and quality of standards.
The ProM works closely with the Deputy Team Leaders, Technical Coordinators, International Experts, and ensures proper design, review, and execution of the implementation strategies. The ProM reports to the Deputy Team Leader (Program).
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Support Deputy Team Leaders in terms of strategic direction, reporting, program implementation, development of standards and framework, impact measurement and knowledge management.
- Support design of the capacity development strategies for the project partners and its stakeholders.
- Ensure proper planning and lead the process and products development of NVQS.
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders and ensure partnerships are made based on the need of the strategies.
- Mobilize subject matter relevant experts to make sure that the key products are developed on time.
- Exhibit strong competencies in managing pilot projects, documenting lessons learnt, leading, and facilitating lessons learnt debates and facilitating the exchange of ideas and information between different NVQS stakeholders.
- Ensure implementation of monitoring activities.
- Ensure regular follow-up of the activities in the field.
- Contribute to relevant project reports.
- Ensure quality assurance of project deliverables.
- Support in preparing annual business plans (yearly plans of operation) and budgets for the NVQS project.
- Prepare for key meetings, workshops and related activities and prepare materials as needed to expand the outreach and advocacy for wider acceptance of NVQS in Nepal.
- Facilitate inputs of actors and stakeholders of NVQS and the team members for various federal and provincial level events and prepare event reports.
- Seek inputs and guidance from the sector specific industry skill committees as well as from relevant industries ensuring quality of the standards and competency-based curriculum.
- Contribute to Federal State Building and related themes as per the project approach.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Qualification and Experience
The individual must conform to the following qualifications and expertise:
- Advanced communication skill in both English and Nepali (verbal and written).
- Ability and willingness to work in a team to deliver high quality outputs within deadlines in a dynamic and fastpaced work environment.
- Experience in roles and interrelationship among national and international organisations; federal, provincial, and local governments in the program development and implementation process.
- Proficiency in MS Office work and Internet use and project management tools.
- Knowledge and work experience of vocational qualifications systems and importance of quality management system.
- Willingness and ability to frequent travel within Nepal. Competencies
- Innovative development of the program by the development of new products that can be replicated within the similar sector.
- Contribution to knowledge management
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment.
- Self-development, initiative-taking.
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity.
- Acting as a team player and facilitating teamwork.
- Creating synergies through self-control.
- Managing conflict
- ▪ Informed and transparent decision making.
- Analytical skills including presentation of analyses for decision-making and knowledge sharing.
- Client oriented, internally, and externally.
- Political, cultural and gender sensitive and commitment to TVET development and ideals in Nepal.
Working Conditions and Environment
- This will be applicable in accordance with the Swisscontact Staff Manual.
Education + Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in relevant field (development cooperation, TVET sector, NGO/INGO on planning and development of training and learning materials) and additional 2 years of management experience.
- Master or higher degree in relevant field (education, TVET, management, business studies, development studies).
Interested candidates who meet the above requirement are requested to visit our website https //www.swisscontact.org/en/country/nepal/opportunities/jobs.html
Please submit your current CV with at least two referees, job application form and a motivation letter to email@example.com latest by 08 June 2020.
Please mention name of the position applied for in the "subject" line of your email.
Swisscontact Nepal shall not entertain any phone enquiries or other such solicitations for these positions. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the selection process. Swisscontact Nepal reserves the right to reject any or all applications.
Swisscontact Nepal promotes workforce diversity and applies positive discrimination to candidates from discriminated groups (Women, Dalit, Janajati, Madhesi/Terai and other minority communities).