Apply Before : 2020-11-03 (Closed)
No. of Vacancy
NGO / INGO / Development Projects
Bajhang, Khotang, Okhaldhunga, Rupandehi, Sindhuli, Taplejung
Field Officer: Quick Impact Project (QIP)
Basic Job Information:
Job Category:NGO / INGO / Social work
Job Level: Entry Level
No. of Vacancy/s:[ 6 ]
Employment Type: Contract ( 7 Months)
Job Location: Taplejung, Sindhuli, Okhaldhunga, Khotang, Bajhang and Rupandehi
Offered Salary: Negotiable
Apply Before(Deadline):3rd November 2020
Contract Period: 7 months
Duty Station: Taplejung, Bajhang, Sindhuli, Okhaldhunga, Rupandehi, Khotang
In close collaboration with the Team Leader of Quick Impact Project, the Field Officer (FO) for QIP will be responsible for ensuring efficient and effective implementation of project activities which include empowering girls of schools, coordination with local government units, facilitation in pedagogical part of students,training and capacity building of girls clubs and parenting education to parents of schools and designing radio lessons upon the guidance of team leader and specialists of REED Nepal.
- Provide technical support and coordinate with project schools, as and when required.
- Liaise on a consistent and planned basis with schools, radios, government units to obtain updates on project progress (activities, monitoring data, financial updates, etc.), clarify queries and gather information for reports.
- Coordinate with the local governments, schools, and other concerned stakeholders to ensure timely implementation of activities.
- Liaise with concerned government stakeholders and other project related stakeholders in assigned districts and maintain healthy professional relationships.
- Review Standard Operation Procedure (SOP) and guidelines related to QIP.
- Collaborate with all technical and finance/admin colleagues for preparation of project management documents (project progress tracking documents, budget spreadsheets, work plans, project briefing materials, etc.)
- Lead in baseline data collection, pre-test and post-test of the monitoring groups.
- Support development of training materials and develop GESI responsive radio education.
- Draft and finalize all field reports of assigned district.
- Ensure a consistent flow of information between technical and finance/admin colleagues on project progress.
- Maintain efficient project administration and electronic project files.
- Organize logistics for project visits, meetings and trainings.
- Develop and maintain a knowledge resource of information relevant to the project.
- Respond promptly to incoming emails, mail and telephone calls and ensure enquiries are addressed in a timely manner.
- Actively participate in staff meetings, team briefings and stakeholders meetings.
- Perform other tasks as agreed collaboratively with the team leader, finance and MEAL manager.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- University degree in Social Studies, Science, Art, Gender Studies, Education or equivalent.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Nepali required.
- Prior experience of working with private schools, government institutions, and familiarity with NGO/INGO working /reporting processes required.
- Experience in life-skill education and training.
- Experience in Classroom Teaching, National Curriculum (6-10) of Nepal and familiar with Radio Education.
- Proficiency in MS Office (advanced level Word and Excel) required.
- Rigorous time management and activity organization required.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Flexible and adaptable to change, ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities despite COVID 19 pandemic.
- Ability to work well with others in a team, take initiatives independently.
- Strong communication and facilitation skills.
- Prior experience and knowledge of child protection, gender issues and education and JICA funded project (Preferable).
- Understanding of and commitment to REED Nepal's mission and values.
Education + Experience
- Education Level: Bachelor ( Master Preferable)
- Experience Required: 2 Years Teaching or 1 Year in Development Field
All applications must be submitted to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information on the subject line: Application for the position of Field Officer (District)
Local and female candidates will be given the priority. Applications sent by post will not be reviewed. Please include an application letter, updated CV (4 pages maximum) with email, telephone and/or Skype contact details, and a minimum of 2 work related referees. Please state your expected salary on the cover letter. Applications without requested information will not be reviewed. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Telephone and email queries will not be entertained