Apply Before : 2020-09-26 ((3 Days Left))
No. of Vacancy
NGO / INGO / Development Projects
(3 Days Left)
Location The position is based in Kathmandu valley with occasional visits to field in different parts of Nepal.
Duration 1 Year (Renewal will depend on availability of funding)
The Communication Officer will be responsible for creating communications strategy and communication content on behalf of FEDO. S/he will do everything from writing press releases to develop blog content and create social media posts as well as maintain digital media.
Primarily responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Design and implement comprehensive communications strategies and campaigns that advance FEDO’s research and advocacy work.
- Develop, write and edit communication materials including- blog content, social media posts, press release, e-bulletin, newsletter, magazines by collecting information in collaboration with office team and others for public dissemination.
- Produce and/or work with relevant professionals/ project staffs to produce and disseminate communication materials.
- Create and contribute to internal communication protocols and initiatives of FEDO.
Media Relations and Coordination
- Manages the creation, development, and implementation of effective and targeted media strategies and campaigns.
- Work with designer/media agency to produce quality materials.
- Cultivate and manage relations with the media and press.
- Support program staffs for documentation and take up responsibility as per the need.
- Writing, Online & Multimedia communications
- Writing and editing communications materials in collaboration with FEDOs team, such as newsletters, blogs, fact sheets, web analyses, policy briefs, brochures, and other communications materials for public dissemination.
- Maintaining digital media- official website and other social media handles as well as gathering photographs, videos and texts.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have written and verbal communication skills, including excellent computer skills particularly with Microsoft applications.
- Knowledge of associated press writing style guide and the ability to effectively prioritize projects and multi-task.
- Strong writing and analytical skills in both Nepali and English.
- Willing to travel within Nepal.
- Ability to work in team, building and maintaining effective relationships with the team.
- Ability to take photos and videos, including basic editing skill.
- Experience in developing partnership and networking.
- Flexible approach to working hours.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrit
Education + Experience
- Master's degree in Communications, Journalism or related field, and two years of full-time experience in communication role.
Email your CV/Resume, a cover letter and two samples of your writing to firstname.lastname@example.org CC: email@example.com
Only applications consisting as a minimum of the below will be considered:
- Cover Letter (max 1 page),
- CV (max 3 pages) and
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for participating in the selection process and FEDO reserves the right to select and inform an appropriate candidate.
For further information please visit our website: www.fedonepal.org